This weekend we’re trying out Charlie’s (@chockywoky) innovative recipe for thin crepes topped with roasted plums. They're the perfect treat for a Saturday or Sunday brunch, and only take about 30 minutes to make. Enjoy!
Crepes (for approximately 4)
1/4 c AP flour (30g)
1/2 c almond milk (120g)
1 egg pinch of salt
1 tsp coconut oil + more for greasing pan
1 tsp honey
1 tsp + 1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp toasted silvered almonds
1. Preheat and grease a pan to over medium heat.
2. Whisk milk and egg together in a bowl before adding in the flour, salt, oil and honey. Mix until smooth.
3. Pour 3-4 tbsp of batter into the pan per crepe, spreading it evenly by rotating the pan.
4. Cook for 3 minutes or so, until the edges of the crepe are curling.
5. Add 3-4 roasted plum slices over a quarter of the crepe, folding it up and transferring to a plate.
6. Repeat for the rest of the crepes, and grease the pan again after the second crepe cooks.
1. Preheat an oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Slice your plums into sixths, and drizzle with 1 tsp honey over a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Place 3/4 of your plums into crepes (as stated above), using the rest to top the crepes.
4. Sprinkle the almonds on the crepes and drizzle with honey before serving.
Thanks Charlie for the recipe and images!