If you don’t have plans for this weekend and are low on ideas, check out Charlie’s (@chockywoky) 4 tips on spending the perfect weekend.
1. The best weekends start off with a good breakfast, namely pancakes. I’ve got this Rosewater Sea Salt Pancake recipe memorized by heart, but I never get tired of it. It’s amazing how many different takes you can make on such a simple recipe as pancakes.
1/3 c flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp psyllium husk; optional
1/3 tsp baking powder
1/4 c applesauce
1 tsp rosewater
1 tsp maple syrup / sweetener
3 tbsp. greek yogurt
1 tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1. Sift flour, sea salt, psyllium husk and baking powder.
2. Pour in egg, applesauce, rosewater and sweetener. Stir well to combine.
3. Pour in a pan in 3-inch diameter circles. Make 6 of such circles.
4. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 mins, until lightly browned and bubbles are all over surface. Flip and cook for 2-3 more mins.
5. Meanwhile, combine greek yogurt, milk, vanilla essence and maple syrup. Layer 1 tbsp. between each pancake and serve, with fruits, nuts, other desired toppings if wished, and maple syrup. Enjoy.
2. Wandering along the streets with your camera is exciting, as you never know what you might stumble upon. I personally love discovering the unique combination of old and new in architecture.
3. Head to a good bakery or café for brunch to catch up with friends.
4. If catching up over brunch is not enough, invite friends over to your place for some baked goods. I particularly enjoy making granola since my friends can take it home to eat sometime later in the week.