We asked Shloka from The Silk Sneaker to share some of her Christmas plans and traditions, along with the best of London during the holiday season. Two of her favourite activities are pulling Christmas crackers and doing Secret Santa with her group of friends — she says she loves picking out gifts for people and seeing their face when they open them! But spending time with family is the ultimate highlight of her holidays, which is why she’ll be travelling to her hometown Mumbai, India this December. While hopes for a white Christmas don’t really fit well with the Mumbai temperatures, she says they still always manage to make it feel like Christmas. ”We love to put lights up around our garden and decorate a tree together as a family,” she says. We agree that decorating is one of the best traditions to bring on the Christmas spirit anywhere!
1. "Visit the Marylebone Pub for the best mulled wine."
2. "Winter Wonderland is a go-to for the amazing hot chocolate with whipped cream - and maybe a sneaky shot of Baileys, too!”
3. "Fortnum & Masons for some shopping and the most amazing Christmas pudding ever.”
4. ”I love ice skating at the Natural History Museum or Somerset House! It is just so beautiful, but remember to try and plan in advance.”
5. "Go see The Nutcracker ballet - I used to be a dancer and this is just such a beautiful performance.”
6. "A walk down South Molton Street and Bond Street to see the gorgeous Christmas lights they always have up.”
7. "The Selfridges Christmas shop is great for some super cute Christmas ornaments and other goodies. The fake snow there always gets me!"
Song: Santa Baby
Movie: Home Alone
Tradition: Decorating the tree and making the house smell like
Christmas Food: Pumpkin pie and turkey
Treat: Mulled wine
Activity: Pulling Christmas crackers and Secret Santa
Nunuco product: The pocket notebook set of 3, especially the Bon Voyage notebook!